repo-criteria-discuss

Re: A+ 0

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: A+ 0
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:19:49 -0800

The concern is that the host service *allows* projects to provide access without these intrusive obstacles. Whether projects can restrict access is not the point. If the service allows limitations on access, then it's a matter for each project what they set and whether it is appropriate.

If we want to be picky, we might use wording like, "Does not require visitors to do any form of authentication in order to look and download". So, that means the service doesn't require these limitations. It doesn't strictly say that they can't offer private repo settings.