repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Ethical repository evaluation of SourceHut

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Ethical repository evaluation of SourceHut
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 22:03:09 -0500

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 13:05:04 -0500, bill-auger wrote:
> IMHO, this list is in somewhat of an existential crisis - the
> candidates were essentially selected and fixed from the start, to
> include only sourceforge, github, gitlab, and savannah

We evaluated those to start, but we need volunteers to do the work of
not only carrying out the evaluations but also going through any
necessary procedures (I've since forgotten what they are, so that'll
probably involve contact with rms) and updating the HTML for the
webpages.

Until people willing to do that step forward, there's not much that can
be done.  I'd be happy to facilitate discussions between interested
volunteers and GNU.

--
Mike Gerwitz