Re: global option and action sub-option

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: Re: global option and action sub-option
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 18:42:14 +0100

Hi,

I really don't understand what's complicated: in the past, you didn't know
which option was to be combined with which, or exclusive to another, or the
difference between action and it's options.

Now you call 'rdiff-backup --help' and you know which global options there are,
and which actions there are. You call 'rdiff-backup ACTION --help' and you know
which options this action has. How can it be easier? Everything is also
documented as clearly as that in the man page. And there is a migration guide.
The command line completion could be more helpful but it currently needs to
support old and new CLI and that makes it messy.

But, it is open source, you can document it better and provide examples (did
you know that we have an examples document?).

Hope this helps,
Eric

PS: and there will be no relaxing of the rules, Python argparse limitation.