Re: Backward compatibility of next beta

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: Backward compatibility of next beta
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 06:49:38 +0100

Hi Derek,

your understanding is sadly correct but was always like this, because
there is no concept of API versioning (like we know in the mean time for
REST APIs). This is something we have on our roadmap but it's not an
easy thing to do, and definitely not with this release.

See
https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/milestones?direction=asc&sort=title&state=open

In the mean time, I hope we can avoid further incompatibilities, but
it's not a promise.

Sorry, Eric