Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --check-destination-dir taking a very long time

From: Walt Mankowski
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --check-destination-dir taking a very long time
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 20:17:04 -0400

I ran

  $ sudo rdiff-backup -v9 --print-statistics --exclude-filelist
/usr/local/etc/rdiff_exclude / /backup/scruffy 2>&1 | tee rdiff-backup.txt

This time it exited right away. I've attached the log file, where the
key message is

  Fatal Error: It appears that a previous rdiff-backup session with
  process id 4351 is still running.

Process 4351 is /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved

Is it safe to rerun it with --force?

Walt