Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Repair repository

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Repair repository
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 06:44:13 +0100

Hi Patrik

On 22/09/2015 22:00, Patrik Dufresne wrote:
I've tried the script. I had issues with it.
It searchs 'current_mirror' file recursively. For some reash, the backup contains files named 'current_mirror'. I add `-maxdepth 1` to fix this.

Good point, I have updated the script with this, which speeds it up
Regression also failed:

$ ./rdiff-backup-regress.sh ikus060-rdiff

I'm afraid I can only conclude that, as Robert suggested, your archive is beyond repair, sorry.

I realise this suggestion is a bit late for you, but I do a daily verification of all* my archives (repositories) and only proceed with offsite synchronisation if they all pass. Very occasionally one of them fails verification (coincidentally, one failed last night) and then I fix it with --check-destination-dir, or rdiff-backup-regress, or recover it from offsite backup. For each archive, I verify the latest backup (the one stored 'in the clear') and the one preceding it (which uses diffs).

* Actually there is one archive that takes too long to verify so in this one case I just wing it, which is not ideal...