[rdiff-backup-users] Backing up the same unchanged SD card in two distri

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up the same unchanged SD card in two distributions processes all files as changed
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:27:44 +0200

User case:

I have an SD card that I back up to an external harddisk. On the same machine, however use a number of GNU/Linux distributions.

If I back it up from the same distribution repeatedly, without any change to the SD file system, no file is processed as changed - that's the way it should be.

If I reboot into another distribution, and run the back up there, it will mark all the files as changed, and copy all the data to the backup directory - clearly wrong.

Why is this? I'm not sure what's causing this - seems to be distribution independent, simply boot into some other distribution and its rdiff-backup thinks all the files have been modified. Why?

How can I have it not do this and process the files as unchanged?
--
白い熊@相撲道