[rdiff-backup-users] Script to delete unwanted files from your repositor

From: Mr. Clif
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Script to delete unwanted files from your repository
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:45:14 -0800

Greetings,

Like many folks I was happily using rdiff-backup and at some point down the road I started to run out of space in my backup repository. What to do? I read the FAQ, and found some other notes on Serverfault. Eventually I wrote a little script to follow those instructions, which could only be done by hand for the most simplest of cases.

Well it does seem to work, and has saved me countless tens of Gigabytes in backup space. Hope others may find it useful. Here is a little page documenting it: https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/Rdiff-backup-delete

    Ciao,
    Clif