Re: [rdiff-backup-users] adding --resume back

From: Marco Mariani
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] adding --resume back
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:48:53 +0200

On 09/03/2014 05:37 PM, Marco Mariani wrote:

Now I can add some constraints, and avoid content changes between a failed
backup and a resume.

To be clear, I do not care about the case of changing files in the folder that is being backed up,
like some of the previous proponents of the resume feature.
But I do care about preserving partially transferred files. I don't only have slow connections,
but they can unexpectedly drop. I reckon this may not be a common use case.

Regards,
Marco