[rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad directory

From: mmosteller
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad directory
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:28:11 -0800

First off, this is all done on Ubuntu server 12.04.

I run two backups from one machine (to keep backups/restores neat) and only one
of them gives the Bad directory / "It doesn't appear to be an rdiff-backup
destination dir" error. The backups are going from a VM to a hdd on the host
server via a network/ssh connection, which works just fine. Using -l remotely
and locally (on the host server) works the same, error with one and a listing
with the other. Both backups place files just fine and the one with problems
creates multiple files with correct time-stamps. As stated above, the second
backup can restore and list it's backups perfectly which is what is really
confusing me. The backup scripts are also identical except for the globbing
file list.

The only errors that show up in my log are the "Unable to import win32security
module. Windows ACLs not supported by filesystem at <some directories>" ones. I
have been assuming that since both servers are Ubuntu and that the one backup
works fine that these can be ignored.

-Matt