Re: [rdiff-backup-users] failure to regress, not enough space but there

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] failure to regress, not enough space but there is
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:50:33 -0400

Dominic Raferd <address@hidden> writes:

> Definitely worth trying using command line switch --tempdir set to a
> place where there is lots of space. Regressions do seem to require a
> lot of temporary space.

Thanks very much for the hint.  I set --tempdir to a filesystem with
about 1 TB free, and then --check-destination-dir finished successfully
in about an hour.  I ran df in a loop, and saw a fair bit more space
used, but I didn't mangge to see files appearing in ~/TMP.  So it seems
like they were created and then unlinked or something.

Given all that, it's a bug that there is a backtrace rather than a clear
error messsage, and that the filesystem that's out of space is not
identified.