[rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

From: Grant
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 15:59:59 -0700

I'm trying to back up from a remote system to my laptop but I get:

"Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now."

And then after a few hours:

"Write failed: Broken pipe
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system"

My connection to the remote system seems fine the entire time and
during this process there seems to be long periods of time with no
data being transferred between my laptop and the remote system and no
disk activity on my laptop's backup disk which seems strange.  How can
I get this working again?

- Grant