Re: [rdiff-backup-users] resuming initial backup

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] resuming initial backup
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:19:12 +0100

On 20/05/2012 13:02, D. Kriesel wrote:
The whole history will be lost when following this procedure, which renders
it inappropriate for backup repositories whose history actually exists.

However, if I get Tim right, he is talking about an interrupted _initial_
backup run. In this case, giving up the entire history obviously does not do
any harm. Without any metadata (i.e. the rdiff-backup-data subfolder), afaik
a forced rdiff-backup run will take whatever there is in the target folder
as a base and won't retransfer existing parts. So my solution might be the
right thing to do in this special case.

Ah yes, in that case it might work. Thanks for the explanation

Dominic