[rdiff-backup-users] list-at-time does not display ownership or permissi

Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] list-at-time does not display ownership or permission information / there is no non-recursive switch
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:41:38 +0200

Hello list,

I noticed that there seems to be no way whatsoever to actually get
information about the ownership / permissions of backed up files without
restoring them.
I tried any verbosity-combination with --list-at-time but I only get a list
of filenames, never any information about permissions or at least ownership.

Tested versions: 1.2.8 and 1.2.5

I consider this a bug since this must have been possible when I look at the
various webinterfaces written for rdiff-backup, they make use of this
feature.

Second, please implement an option to switch to non-recursive mode when
doing a --list-at-time. We have backups with 5-15 million files and it takes
quite long to get the actual list, especially if we just want to know the
list of root dirs in the backup directory. This really annoys and makes it
hard to use rdiff-backup for big installations.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Florian