Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Why using --force while restoring is danger

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Why using --force while restoring is dangerous?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:45:01 +0000

On 09/02/2011 14:48, Robert Nichols wrote:
On 02/09/2011 07:32 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:
My reading is that using --force on a restore will overwrite existing
files with the same name - so you may lose previous data at the restore
destination. In general if you are restoring a directory (or a complete
repository) it is logical to use a clean destination, in which case it
shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone know different?

Dominic