AW: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup fails, no gzipped file

From: D. Kriesel
Subject: AW: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup fails, no gzipped file
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 19:46:23 +0100

Reading your error message, I agree  there is no filename to be foundplease run the rdiff-backup call once again, but with the parameter „--terminal-verbosity 5“ added to the command line (of course you may exchange the parameter with –v5 to get the same console output, but in this case you will log the lots of regression messages to the logfile in the rdiff-backup-repository as well).

I think this will reveal the gz-file in question. It should be the newest gzipped increment of the file that rdiff-backup tried to regress when the error occurs. If the filename is still not clear, try exchanging 5 to 8 and recall rdiff-backup again.

Hope that helps,

David.