[rdiff-backup-users] lessfs as a backing store for rdiff-backup

From: Matthew Miller
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] lessfs as a backing store for rdiff-backup
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:25:22 -0500

Lessfs is a new de-duplicating filesystem for Linux. (It's FUSE based.)
See: http://lessfs.com/ (down right now for server maintenance, but should
be back soon).

I'm experimenting with this as a target filesystem for rdiff-backup, with
good results. Particularly, it works around the issue where rdiff-backup is
unable to gracefully handle file renames. The effect is that I'm storing
157GB of backup in 121GB of space, even though it's largely uncompressable
media files.

--
Matthew Miller           address@hidden          <http://mattdm.org/>