[rdiff-backup-users] --exclude-other-file-systems and mountpoints

From: Daniel Reichelt
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] --exclude-other-file-systems and mountpoints
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 05:49:06 +0100

Hi all!

Is there an easy way to specify --exclude-other-file-systems but have
the empty directory of the mountpoint included in the backup?

My use-cases are system backups of workstations without any user data,
device files, proc or sys filesystems. After a complete system restore,
those directories currently have to be created manually.

Currently I work around this by specifying excludes like $mountpoint/**
and so on, however that way it's easy to miss mountpoints which actually
have nothing to do with the bare rootfs of a linux machine (like sshfs
or another upcoming tmpfs mount in /lib/init/rw
or /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs *rant*) because that particular mount just
doesn't exist or is not in use at the time of writing the backup
config...

Thanks!

PS: Please CC me in your answer since I'm not on the list.

--
Regards,
Daniel