Re: [rdiff-backup-users] continual problem with rdiff-backup

From: Steven Willoughby
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] continual problem with rdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:47:14 -0700

On 12/05/2009 01:28 PM, Alex P wrote:
Hi

This file has failed in the initial backup and not it fails everytime

UpdateError usr/bin/pstruct Updated mirror temp file
/mnt/backup/system/usr/bin/rdiff-backup.tmp.17 does not match source

Normally when you get this error it means that the source file changed during the backup. In that case you only get it once.

Can you look at the diff between /usr/bin/pstruct and /mnt/backup/system/usr/bin/pstruct ? Perhaps the problem in your case is that the file in the backup directory was changed. If that's the case it might fix things going forward if you just fix the differences (copy the source file to the dest manually) but I can't reproduce the problem over here so I'm not positive it would work.

Steven