Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Quick question - Can rdiff (or anything else)

From: Giorgio
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Quick question - Can rdiff (or anything else) do this?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:26:27 +0200

2009/8/26 <address@hidden>
Really?  My understanding of rsync & rdiff-backup was:  They will scan the
source directory for changed files, and only copy the files that have
changed.  My understanding was:  If a file has changed, the whole file
will be sent (and not just the changed sections within the changed file.)

You must have looked very deeply into rsync & co. From man rsync:

It is famous  for  its delta-transfer  algorithm,  which  reduces the amount of data sent over the network by sending only the differences between  the  source  files and  the  existing  files in the destination.

G.