[rdiff-backup-users] Mozy Online Back-Up Problems

From: infomax467
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Mozy Online Back-Up Problems
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:11:46 -0400

I installed MOZY FREE Backup software on my computer by following their
instructions.
After installation, my computer kept freezing and then I got the Windows Blue
Screen of Death!
Basically, MOZY FREE Backup CRASHED my computer.  I could not even do a system
restore. I had to restore my computer from scratch.  I am still in the process
of putting back all my programs and files, this is very time consuming.
Furthermore, after I backed up my files, I could not retrieve them using
another computer. It kept telling me that I had to register and install MOZY
Backup, it just would not retrieve my previous registration.
I am still not able to retrieve my files.  Luckily, I kept local backups on
some DVD's. MOZY may be free, but there is always a catch.  Please be aware
Mozy free backup could crash your computer?
 Maybe that's how they get you; then they tell you have to purchase one of
their plans???
FYI:  I have 2GB of RAM and a 2.0 GHz AMD processor and it still CRASHED it!