Re: [rdiff-backup-users] multiple archive hardlink space saving?

From: Joshua Jensen
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] multiple archive hardlink space saving?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:24:43 -0400

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Alexander 'Leo'
Bergolth<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You should be able to use a hardlinking utility like freedup,
> hardlink.py, hardlink or hardlink++ on the destination filespace after
> having backed up with rdiff-backup.

Yes, but that only solves half the problem.  Sure, I could run a
hardlinker util and the *storage* space problem is solved  However,
the *transfer* problem isn't solved.  When I backup a new machine, all
those files in common are still transferred instead of simply
hardlinked.

Joshua