Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Measuring transfer size

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Measuring transfer size
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:39:13 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
this has been discussed before - ultimately, the actual transferred data cannot
be measured by rdiff-backup as it uses SSH, which may or may not compress
things, and there is overhead and compression to factor in. You need to use a
tool external to the ssh session to measure the traffic used by a typical
backup session.
dave