Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Corrupt Archive - Only Copy ...

From: Giorgio
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Corrupt Archive - Only Copy ...
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:27:52 +0200

Hi,

Il giorno 29/apr/09, alle ore 09:54, Malte Hinrichs ha scritto:

Technically "cp -a dir_backup dir" would work, but all filenames have lots of quoted chars and are largely unreadable.
Is there a way to restore them to their original names?

This is absolutely normal, see http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/non-gnu/rdiff-backup/FAQ.html#case_insensitive .

Anyway I agree with you that there should be an easy way of restoring the original filenames, without using rdiff-backup. It would be pretty trivial to write a script that can rename the files back to their original names, so can anyone do that? Unfortunately I do not have the time at the moment, and besides my backups are on ext3 filesystems, so I won't need that :).

Giorgio