Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bug? windows 1.3.1, --compare switch

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bug? windows 1.3.1, --compare switch
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:02:51 -0500

On Jan 27, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Ryan wrote:

I am running 1.3.1 under Windows XP, a local backup, source and dest is NTFS.

this works OK:

rdiff-backup "my folder" "my backup"

but then:

rdiff-backup --compare "my folder" "my backup"

shows "changed: " for every file.

If I use --compare-full , I get "metadata changed, data the same: " for every file.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the bug report. This error is because rdiff-backup disables backing up POSIX hardlinks by default on Windows, but fails to set that option when doing --compare, --compare-full, etc.

I have changed the options in the 1.3.x CVS tree, and the bug will be fixed in the next release: 1.3.2.

thanks,
Andrew