Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception thrown in 1.3.1

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception thrown in 1.3.1
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:19:52 -0500

On Jan 29, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Craig Findlay wrote:
The following crash happens consistently in 1.3.1.

Thank you for trying the development version!

The process is backing up from a Windows Small Business Server to a Linux backup server.

How are you doing the backup? Please describe as specifically as possible.

I have checked the source directory and there does not seem to be anything unusual with the permissions.

What are the exact permissions on the source directory? (Windows side) ... The DOS command cacls should help you with this.

Also, what are the permissions on the destination directories:

/mnt/backup/serverbackup/plsbs/shared/public/Australian.Standards/Emergency_lighting
/mnt/backup/serverbackup/plsbs/shared/public/Australian.Standards/
/mnt/backup/serverbackup/plsbs/shared/public/

Could it be something to do with the dot in the directory name?

I very much doubt it, unless you are using an exotic network file system with strange semantics. :-)

thanks,
Andrew