[rdiff-backup-users] Filenames with semicolon ; changed?

From: Ryan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Filenames with semicolon ; changed?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:14:50 -0600

I am running 1.3.0 on Windows XP,

1)  I've been trying rdiff-backup for the last few days, and wanted to see if everything is actually copying correctly.  I ran WinMerge to compare my source and dest directories, and everything seemed as it should, except:

"WFMU-FM 91.1Jersey City, NJ; 90.1Hudson Valley, NY.url"
is named
"WFMU-FM 91.1Jersey City, NJ;059 90.1Hudson Valley, NY.url"
in the destination dir,

and
"MEETinCHICAGO Let's MEET in Chicago;-).url"
is named
"MEETinCHICAGO Let's MEET in Chicago;059-).url"

2) What is rdiff-backup --verify x:\dest
supposed to do?  When I run it, I get these errors for many files in my old bookmarks directory:

Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file BIG/URL/2004 2/BBS Documentary Trailers.url,
perhaps because this feature was added in v1.1.1

I've never used an older version of rdiff-backup.  The files in question were copied over.

These error messages only show up on the console when I do --verify, I don't see them mentioned in any logs.

Thanks!