[rdiff-backup-users] 1.2.5 minor bugfix release

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.2.5 minor bugfix release
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:43:46 -0500

Hi all,

Another week, another release. This release fixes the error tracebacks so that rdiff-backup will again produce useful tracebacks (instead of always failing in the process due to a silly typo). It also improves native Windows support so that long filenames give UpdateError instead of causing the backup process to halt.

Direct download links:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.5.tar.gz
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.5.tar.gz.asc

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.5-win32.zip
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.5-win32.zip.asc

thanks for your patience,
Andrew

PS -- I'm sure it's obvious by now why getting the Unit Testing suite working again is high on my priority list for the next development branch...

New in v1.2.5 (2009/01/06)

Fix typo in robust.py which broke error reporting. Closes Savannah bug #25255.

Ignore Windows errors caused by too long filenames; the files are not yet
backed-up, but the backup process is no longer halted. (Andrew Ferguson)