[rdiff-backup-users] Backing up remote db's

From: Peter
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up remote db's
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:43:33 +1100

Hi all.

I am running rdiff-backup on a linux box and have a mysql database server running on another windows box.

Can I set up a rdiff-backup config to log in remotely to the mysql on the other box and do a dump of all databases so it gets backed up? I suppose I could run rdiff on the windows box but my linux one is a more stable runner.

If I can, how do I configure a username and password so it can connect?
Peter

secs.net.au
Licenced Electrician
Speciliasing in: HVAC-BUILDING AUTOMATION-REMOTE DATA AQUISITION

"Are your tools safe?"
TEST AND TAG Service.

believed to be clean.