[rdiff-backup-users] SHA1 checksums missing?

From: Lucas Burdick
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] SHA1 checksums missing?
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:38:59 -0800

Hey There,

I’m trying to verify my backups but it seems like rdiff-backup isn’t keeping SHA1 data to compare my files.  Either that or I’m totally missing something (entirely possible).

When I do a --verify  I get the following error for what seems like every file (the cron email I get is 8MB):

Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file xxx,

perhaps because this feature was added in v1.1.1

And then when I try --compare-hash I get this:

Warning: Metadata file has no digest for xxx, unable to compare.

Can somebody please help?  When I do a manual “sha1sum file” or “openssl sha1 file” I get a valid return.

I’m running version 1.2.2 on CentOS 5.2 AND 4.7.  Backups seem to work fine as I have restored from them before.

Thanks

Lucas