Re: [rdiff-backup-users] unusual warnings using 1.2.1

From: John covici
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] unusual warnings using 1.2.1
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 04:22:58 -0500

Well, here are some more strange things --this morning's backup did
not give the warning and at least by a name sort, I did not see any
duplicates in that directory.  I wonder if this has something to do
with the large number of files in some directory?

Now you know what I am doing Christmas morning -- Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year to all.

on Wednesday 12/24/2008 Andrew Ferguson(address@hidden) wrote
 > On Dec 24, 2008, at 1:38 PM, John covici wrote:
 > > Can you tell me what do these warnings mean using 1.2.1?
 > > Warning: index ('home', 'news', 'spool', 'articles', 'alt',
 > > 'activism', '697295') missing from iterator cache
 > > Warning index ('home', 'news', 'spool', 'articles', 'alt', 'activism',
 > > '697295') missing from CCPP cache
 >

 > The file /home/news/spool/articles/alt/activism/697295 is probably
 > duplicated in the activism directory. An `ls` should confirm. You can
 > safely ignore it (from a backup perspective) since rdiff-backup
 > ignores the duplicate file.
 >
 > However, if ls confirms that a duplicate file exists, you might want
 > to take /home/news/spool/articles/alt/activism offline and run a fsck
 > on it.
 >
 > I remember a previous post to the mailing list where this same error
 > came up, and, sure enough, there was a duplicate file in the directory
 > (which was also a news spool directory).
 >

 > Andrew

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici