[rdiff-backup-users] Winows - large files and binary edits with no date

From: Philip Warner
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Winows - large files and binary edits with no date change
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:19:14 +1100

Hi,

I love the rdiff-backup concept and design. However, I have hit a couple
of problems on windows:

I am using it to backup true-crypt volumes which are large binary files
whose date and size does not change.

1. If date and size do not change, then rdiff-backup assumes the file is
unchanged. There seems to be no way to force it to check a file (I
vaguely recall rsync *does* have a parameter to say 'force file data check'.

2. Large file support does not seem to be there. The file I am using is
12GB in size and rdiff-backup dies (eventually) with an illegal seek.

Are these things that can be changed easily? Parameters in the build?

Or are they hard limits?

Thanks,

Philip Warner

Tel: (+61) 03 5330 3171          |                 _________  \