Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Question about pattern option to matches files/

From: Solli Moreira Honorio
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Question about pattern option to matches files/directory
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:11:39 -0200

Andrew,

Thanks for your help, it's works for me. About running rdiff-backup on Windows not yet, but it's on my 'to-do' !

Solli M. Honorio

Andrew Ferguson escreveu:
On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Solli Moreira Honorio wrote:
I'd would like to exclude directories from backup with patterns without sucess, I've using '--exclude-globbing-filelist' and the filelist as a like:

  <filelist>
  ignorecase:/*/windows/temp
  ignorecase:/*/Local Settings/Temp
  /*/Maildir/.Trash/**
  /*/**/Maildir/.Trash/**
  /*/Temp/**
  /*/Temporary\ Internet\ Files/**
  /*/**/Temporary\ Internet\ Files/**
  </filelist>

I appreciate any help to figure out my big mistake about pattern option

Hi Solli,

I see that you have some entries pertaining to Windows. How are you running rdiff-backup on Windows -- via Cygwin or via the native .exe ?

Also, I believe you just need:

ignorecase:**/windows/temp
ignorecase:**/Local\ Settings/Temp
**/Maildir/.Trash/**
**/Temp/**
**/Temporary\ Internet\ Files/**

(the ** at the front should match anything). I don't use the globbing filelist myself; anyone who does is free to correct me...

Do you get any error messages from rdiff-backup? If so, please post them o the list.

Andrew