[rdiff-backup-users] [1489147.T0] How to revert to version 1.0.5 ?

From: rdiffbackupuser
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] [1489147.T0] How to revert to version 1.0.5 ?
Date: 21 Oct 2008 22:55:41 -0000

Hi All,

Upon bringing a new server online, I decided to install the latest (v1.2.2) rdiff-backup on it.  However, I quickly discovered that this requires I also need to upgrade the other servers to make rdiff-backup happy.  I did that, but now, unfortunately, it's not always producing successful backups.  Well, the backups look successful, but on more than half of them, when I run any rdiff-backup instruction, I get an error...

$ rdiff-backup --list-increments  /home/dailybackup/some-directory

Fatal Error: Bad directory /home/dailybackup/some-directory
It doesn't appear to be an rdiff-backup destination dir

Looking inside the /home/dailybackup/some-directory/rdiff-backup-data directory, everything looks ok (as far as I can tell... I'm not an rdiff-backup expert), and I'm not getting any errors when when I run the backup.  However, I need to be able to restore from incremental backups, so I'd like to drop back to version 1.0.5 to see if that fixes the issue.  I tried just re-installing 1.0.5, but when I run rdiff-backup --version it says I'm still running 1.2.2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Curtis O'Reilly