Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to SMB drive

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to SMB drive
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:45:46 -0400

On Oct 7, 2008, at 2:54 AM, Richard Metzger wrote:
However - one question remains: why does it try to deal with ACLs at all? I specified the --no-acls option....

Whoops! The --no-acls option was originally created for the POSIX ACLs. When Windows ACLs support was added this summer, the --no-acls options was not amended to affect the Windows side.

I have made the update in CVS and --no-acls will behave appropriately on Windows starting in rdiff-backup 1.2.2.

thanks,
Andrew