Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error in 1.2.1

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error in 1.2.1
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:45:59 -0400

On Sep 25, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Gregory Oschwald wrote:

File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/rdiff_backup/ connection.py", line 370,
+in reval
    if isinstance(result, Exception): raise result
AttributeError: RPath instance has no attribute 'inc_compressed'
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

Whoops. I thought I had fixed this bug back in 1.1.12, but although the fix was in the correct place, the solution was wrong.

If you want the fix right away, replace your metadata.py file with the one from CVS:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/metadata.py?revision=1.31&root=rdiff-backup

(it's just a 2-line logic fix, so I recommend getting it)

sorry about that,

Andrew