[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff backup first run.. advice needed!

From: Mike Green
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff backup first run.. advice needed!
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all.

I've been using rdiff-backup over the weekend, to keep automated backups of
two laptops, which has worked great.

Today, I planned to move our current backup system (custom cron job) to
rdiff-backup. However, the dataset is over 500gb, and the client/server are
150miles apart and only connect by a (slow) adsl line.

Is there a way of getting rdiff-backup to use the current working copy on
the backup machine rather than trying to push the lot across again? My
initial thought was to make a second copy on the backup machine, however we
do not have the free space - nor do we have the space on the client machine,
so making a second copy at either end is a no go.

All ideas welcome!

Many thanks in advance

Mike