[rdiff-backup-users] Native Windows Port

From: Josh Nisly
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Native Windows Port
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:17:11 -0500

I'm attempting to make a native Windows port of rdiff-backup. I've succeeded so far in building librsync and rdiff-backup's cmodules, as well as fixing rdiff-backup's fs_abilities checks. What I'm running up against now is that there seems to be a lot of assumptions that the directory separator is "/", which obviously doesn't work on windows. I think that the correct solution is to memorize in either the Connection or RPath objects what the correct separator is, and use that everywhere. Does this seem like the correct solution? Has anybody else tried porting to Windows recently? There's an old page on the wiki with some high-level notes, but I couldn't find anything else.

Also, is Windows support something that's desirable enough that patches for it would be accepted?

Thanks,
Josh Nisly