Re: [rdiff-backup-users] can rdiff-backup be stopped / paused / restart

From: devzero
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] can rdiff-backup be stopped / paused / restarted? - HOWTO?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:56:59 +0100

> > What happens if I just ctrl-c the process, and then restart the process?
> > Will it resume?

no - but you may try ctrl-z instead.

this suspends the foreground process.  you can put it running into background
with "bg" or get it back into foreground with "fg".
may depend on the shell you are using - if unsure try this with a bash

you can also send a signal with "kill -STOP <pid>" and continue with "kill
-CONT <pid>"

but be careful - use at own risk and don`t suspend for too long, because your
tcp session would timeout....
when rdiff-backup is really cancelled while running there is no return and
rdiff-backup will need to recover first on the next run......

regards
roland