Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Bug in Rdiff-backup 1.1.15

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Bug in Rdiff-backup 1.1.15
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:31:29 -0500

JOHNb wrote:
> It appears that rdiff-backup is escaping out the ';' escape character in
> certain instances.
>
> This happens on a redhat linux 7 server connecting to a OS X 10.5 box,
> both are running rdiff-backup 1.1.15.
>
> I’ve managed to get it to happen in two instances: --remove-older-than
> and --list-at-time

Hi John,

Thank you for this report. It certainly looks like a bug. I am going to
need some more information from you to help me debug this.

1) What version of rdiff-backup were you using previously? 1.1.14? or
perhaps 1.1.10?

2) What commands did you execute prior to this? Is this part of a
script? Or was "--remove-older-than" the first command you ran after
installing 1.1.15?

3) What are the contents of your rdiff-backup-data/chars_to_quote file?
I believe yours is located at:
/Volumes/G4internalBackup/wwwbackup/www/rootfolder/rdiff-backup-data/chars_to_quote

4) Can you run the --list-increments command successfully?

5) Lastly, if possible, can you rerun the --list-at-time command but
with the "-v5" option and send me the output?

thank you very much,

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden