RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Expected remove-older-than execution time?

From: Yen-Kwoon Hun
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Expected remove-older-than execution time?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:42:24 -0800

I once made --remove-older-than part of my automated backup tasks. But the
amount of time it took to complete execution went up to at least 30+ hours
(I have months of backup history). This coupled with the fact that it is a
remote backup, just made the execution time worst.

In the end, I removed it from my backup tasks and just allow rdiff-backup to
eat up HDD space. HDD space is cheap, time is not.

Yen Kwoon