[rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.5 on Ubuntu 7.04

From: Tim Vaughan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.5 on Ubuntu 7.04
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:20:07 +0100

Hi list,

I have an odd problem I hope someone can help with.  Symptoms:

When run manually, rdiff-backup works fine when backing up from a
Windows share mounted via cifs and listed in /etc/fstab.
When run via cron for the first time (i.e. to a directory it has never
backed up to before), everything seems to work fine.
Subsequent cron runs to that directory fail leaving an error_log but
no session_statistics.  The error log in question can't be unzipped
via gzip -d because it says "Unexpected end of file"
Subsequent manual backups into that directory give the message
"Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now" but
work.

The same setup works on Ubuntu 6.10LTS (still using rdiff-backup 1.1.5).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tim Vaughan