Re: [rdiff-backup-users] moving synced directories

From: Kurt Yoder
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] moving synced directories
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:39:25 -0400

When I want to do this kind of thing, I usually rsync the existing backup, *minus* the rdiff-backup-data directory. Then I run rdiff- backup from the new machine with the --force option. So in your example, you'd do something like:

rsync -av --exclude --numeric-ids './rdiff-backup-data' /copy/office/ office1 /copy/office/office2

then let it finish, and set up your first rdiff-backup run:

rdiff-backup --force /home/office/office2 remote_server::/copy/office/ office2

on subsequent runs you can remove the --force option.