Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "warning security violation" on fs_abilities.re

From: Nathan Kinkade
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "warning security violation" on fs_abilities.restore_set_globals when trying to restore
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:08:34 -0700

2007/7/28, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden>:
> Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> > I tried the "push" restore again, but this time with a verbosity level
> > of 7.  rdiff-backup said more, but the info didn't really help me.
> > Perhaps you may see something in this additional info (see following).
> >  Thanks again for your help.
> >
> > Nathan
> >
> > $ rdiff-backup -v7 /some/backup/ remote::/restore/point
>
> Nathan,
>
> You're not going to believe this one, but the above command is not the
> command to push a restore.
>
> You're missing the "-r now" part. :-)
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

The "-r now" part was actually in the real command I issued ... I
guess I got a little over-zealous when I was simplifying/anonymizing
the command for the sake of privacy and readability.  It seems that
the main error is still there.

Do you suspect that the "Warning Security Violation! Bad request for
function: fs_abilities.restore_set_globals" issue may be a bug, or
could it be something related to my config?

Thanks,

Nathan