Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.12: Problem with Server on OSX 10.4.6 (Inte

From: rdiff
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.12: Problem with Server on OSX 10.4.6 (Intel)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Andrew Ferguson wrote:
if I try to start a server on OSX via SSH, an error occurs:
sh: line1: rdiff-backup: command not found

rdiff-backup _is_ in the PATH and I'm able to start other commands
successfully.

Well, it's clearly not in the PATH. :-)

Where did you install it? Also, when a program is invoked via SSH, the
PATH gets setup differently than when you invoke an interactive shell. I
can't remember the specific details, however.

We had a similar problem and get around it with
rdiff-backup --remote-schema 'ssh %s /sw/bin/rdiff-backup --server' a b::c

on OSX 10.4 using the fink repository, which still has rdiff-backup 1.0.3. Regardless of the version, using remote-schema is probably what you want.

-Eric