Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup stops working after system upgrade

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup stops working after system upgrade
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:10:25 -0400

Ronald Haynes wrote:
> Hi, I have had rdiff-backup happily working to backups of my mandriva
> linux system to a remote host.
> The jobs run at scheduled times using cron.
>
> Upon updating my mandriva system to 2007.1 rdiff-backup stopped working.

> rdiff-backup /home/rhaynes address@hidden::/array/home/rhaynes/backu
> ps_november_2006/home/rhaynes
> Warning: Local version 1.1.9 does not match remote version 1.0.4.

I think this may be the source of your troubles. The version you are
running on your upgraded machine is 1.1.9 (development branch) and the
version on the machine you are backing up to is 1.0.4 (old stable branch).

Do you know what version you were running previously?

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden