Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.11 failing on Mac OS X 10.4.9

From: Patrick McNeal
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.11 failing on Mac OS X 10.4.9
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:59:59 -0400

On Jun 21, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Patrick McNeal wrote:

A test for that would be:

$ cd /Volumes/mcneal/backup/
$ touch src
$ ln -s src tgt
$ rm tgt
$ rm src

This test also give the same error. Running those commands locally on the server work fine, which would indicate some problem with AFP.

I've worked with some other folks outside of my organization and they were able to replicate this problem on totally different systems using the above steps - looks like it's time to file a bug with Apple.