[rdiff-backup-users] Comments/whitespace in filelists

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Comments/whitespace in filelists
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:48:56 -0400

Hello,

rdiff-backup works very well for me, but I would like to submit a small
request that would make things run more smoothly: allowing comments in the
filelists.

The globbing filelists that I use are complex enough to need annotations,
and currently I have to strip these out in temp files before passing them
on to rdiff-backup.

Attached is a minimal patch that should do the trick, although I'd prefer a
regex match that would be robust against whitespace before the hash mark.
(Disclaimer: My knowledge of Python is embryonic.)

I'd also point out that the "if not line" bit would not be robust against a
"blank" line containing only tabs/spaces, so using a regex there would be
desirable as well.

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = address@hidden        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /