[rdiff-backup-users] Compressed Backups?

From: Dan Mensom
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Compressed Backups?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

It would seem from the manual page and by running a couple of test
     examples that rdiff-backup does not store the actual file contents
          compressed by default.. Is there any way to get it to do this?
The              manual makes a big deal specifying that deltas are
compressed.. But
why not the original files themselves?

I would expect my usage case is a common one: I want to back up a lot
     of web + email content that should be very compressible. But from the
          first time I run rdiff, all that data seems to be stored
uncompressed,          taking 4-5x (or more) what it would take if I just
created a tar.gz
archive..

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/