[rdiff-backup-users] remove broken from-the-future increment?

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] remove broken from-the-future increment?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:14:40 +0300

Hi all,

a couple of days ago, my system clock was way off into the future due to an accident. rdiff-backup (ran from a cron job) created an increment with a future time-stamp.

Now, I have fixed my system clock, but rdiff-backup refuses to work anymore (it complains about the latest increment coming from the future).

Additionally, there seems to be no way to remove *new* increments, only *old* increments (there's no remove-newer-than or remove-range option to rdiff-backup).

What am I supposed to do? I want to get rid of the broken increment and keep everything else. There really should be an option for this...

Thanks,
Dan